Quick Installation Guide
1. Locate the fuel supply line under pressure that feeds the engine from the fuel tank. Vehicles with fuel injection engines normally have two lines running parallel between the fuel tank and the engine; a supply line and a return line. Whilst the engine is running, feel the two lines and the colder one of the two will be the supply line.
N.B. On vehicles fitted with electronic fuel injection it is advised to disconnect the negative battery cable for at least 5 minutes prior to installation, first making sure that you have any security codes required for electronic radios and alarms etc. Once installation is complete reconnect the negative battery cable, start the engine and run at fast idle speed (approx. 1,500 Revs.) for 4 to 5 minutes. This enables the electronic management system to reset the correct fuel mixture again taking into account the more efficient fuel burn.
2. Simply place the two halves of the MAXPower Super Fuel unit over the fuel supply line, at an accessible location, as close as possible to the carburettor or fuel injection supply rail - see this fuel ‘injection rack’ pictured above.
3. Align the two halves of the unit opposite each other so as the side groves align.
4. Insert the nylon tie through the groves that have the tie retainer slot. This is to help hold the tie in position while applying the MAXPower Super Fuel unit to the fuel line, as a ‘clam shell’.
5. Complete the installation by wrapping the tie completely around the unit, making sure the tie fits into the side groves, tighten and trim off any excess length.
Due to the cleaning and removal process of the carbon/varnish deposits inside the cylinders, the fuel consumption may temporarily increase during the initial cleaning cycle. Mileage will stabilise after a short time. Noticeable improvement may take up to four tanks of fuel and, for optimum results to be achieved, please allow 3,000 Km. A clean air filter, or a measure of carburettor or injector cleaner mixed in the fuel will also help to give faster results and regular servicing is obviously still necessary. Increased performance and smoother running will often also be noticed.